Pages

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Welcome to Toadally Tutus...this is what we are all about


After a trip to Doernbecher Children’s Hospital for our youngest daughter, my husband and I sat watching the kids play. It was Christmastime, and all I could think of was how lucky we were to be taking our daughter home. I thought of all of the families who would spend their holidays in the hospital, the fear and sadness on both the children and parents end. I turned to my husband and told him that I wished we were rich so that we could go on a shopping spree and brings toys to all of the kids in the hospital. Not being financially able, I put it on the backburner and we returned home.
Meanwhile, my sister (who works at a hospital), was telling me that some co-workers were interested in buying some of my tutus as Christmas gifts. Wheels started turning, and before long, I came up with Toadally Tutus!
I may not have the money to give, but I do have the time, creativity, and love. Having two girls of my own, I know the power of a tutu. I know that when they wear them, their faces light up and with every twist and turn there is a giggle just waiting to spill out. What better gift to give little girls in the hospital this year?

My goal (along with my super supportive family) is to sell tutus online and at Tutu Workshops (see Tutu Clinics). For every tutu sold, we will donate one to a child in a Pediatric Unit this Christmas Season. Because we also want to include the little boys, I will be including superhero capes as well.
Our hopes are that by hosting the clinics, we will not only be supporting the charity, but providing an opportunity for children to learn about giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment